Thursday 9 November 2017

NaNo 2017- Back Again



So last year I won NaNoWriMo. Got it on my second attempt. The prizes were surprisingly useful, especially the chance to send an excerpt to an editor through Reedsy. Her assessment was encouraging, because it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

She said it was well-written and the characters were interesting. She also gave some useful advice for my consideration- start with the character the story is about. Perhaps she was being nice to increase her chances of getting a new client. Even so, I am thinking about how I can incorporate that advice. It seems sounds, but I do have some stubborn ideas about where in the story to begin.

So I am back at NaNo this year. I also did CampNaNo in April and July of this year. It seems that the only time I tackle writing this book is for NaNo events.


This year's NaNoWrimo sees me off to a slow start. Writer's block is too blame, plus some work projects that are lingering and interfering with my concentration (have to get paid!). But I did have something of a breakthrough in the plot somewhere around Day 4. Hopefully I can get some writing in this weekend.

Word Count Day 8 = 4738

No comments:

Post a Comment